The South Downs Poetry Festival has been set up by a group of poetry enthusiasts to celebrate, develop and promote poetry across the area covered by the South Downs National Park.
Full details of all the program and poets taking part can be found here:> http://www.sdpf.org.uk/
Here is a summary of the key dates for July 2016:
* Saturday 16 – Poetry Day in Lewes.
* Sunday 17 – Performance Poetry Bash in Midhurst.
* Tuesday 19 – Poetry Day in Petersfield. The Poetry Bike Tour leaves Eastbourne with events in Afriston and Firle.
* Wednesday 20 – Bike tour in Lewes, Ditching and Steyning. Events in Ditchling and Steyning.
* Thursday 21 – Bike tour hits Petworth, Midhurst and South Harting. Event at the Weald and Downland Museum, Singleton.
* Friday 22 – 24 Poetry events of all kinds in and around Petersfield in Hampshire. Andrew McMillan reads in Steep Village Hall (Friday evening); Penelope Shutttle and Jonathan Edwards join him as we take over the Festival Hall for the day (Saturday) and on Sunday there is a chance to look back at the contribution made by Downland connected poems during the Great War.